Every week, Change.org’s client services team finds the latest and greatest in online fundraising and nonprofit digital engagement topics and trends. Check back each Monday for everything you might have missed last week!
- Ok, you’ve got a Facebook page. Check! What’s next? These five tips from Fundraising Success on getting exposure through social media will put you and your organization on the path to success.
- If you do have that Facebook page up and running, chances are you’ll need a staff member to manage it. Before you start hiring, read through these ten must-have skills for new media managers over at Nonprofit Tech for Good.
- “Now that, madam, is a truly captivating website.” We can’t think of a higher compliment than that, so check out these ten tips from TechSoup on creating a fantastically captivating online presence for your organization.
- A major part of a successful fundraising ask is urgency. If your organization is presented with a crisis and needs to communicate about it, make sure to check out Stay Classy’s guide to harnessing the power of a crisis for powerful fundraising.
- Have you ever asked your mom to navigate your website? You’d probably learn a lot about your site’s user experience from watching where she clicks. That’s just one of Colin Delany’s ten tips for creating a more successful online advocacy program.
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite nonprofit blog post with us at @ChangeOrgs and check back next week for another fresh round-up.